Earth Day demands small simple steps together. Our tips my friends and I came up with are still useful today!
- Turn off the lights when exiting a room.
- Turn off the T.V. and unplug it when you are done watching it.
- Turn off the computer if you are not using it.
- Recycle plastic containers, cardboard and paper.
- Make your own compost from food waste, yard waste and paper with non-toxic inks like soy.
- Turn the heat down in your house and wear layers of clothing instead.
- Use a timer and set to five minutes when you shower.
- Turn off the water when you are brushing your teeth.
- Make old clothes new by adding pockets with a different fabric. Have your mom sew the pocket for you.
- If you like your old shoes keep them new by new different colored shoe lace like pink, or sky blue.
- Don’t buy bottled water buy a nice, cute metal thermos made in the U.S.A if possible.
- Take the bus or ride your bike to school or the library if your parents let you.
- Don’t buy a new sketchbook or notebook, upcycle old books or magazines, and paint, write or draw, over the pages instead.
Remember you are helping to keep the earth livable for all creatures big and small, animal and plant when you practice these tips above.
Give yourself a pat on the back each time you remember these small, simple steps.
Tags: adorable Beatrice, Beat rice, Beatrice, Beatrice Green Girl, Beatrice in Tuvalu, Beatrice in Wisconsin, conserve energy, conserve water, cute Beatrice, cute cartoon, cute character, Driftless region, Earth Day, Earth Day everyday, Earth Day founder, earth friendly tips, eco family, eco friendly, eco kids, eco tips, family green tips, Gaylord Nelson, green family, green family tips, green simple tips, Live Green, Madison, Madison Wisconsin, new shoelaces, Save planet Earth, save the planet, Simple green steps, simple steps, sustainable, turn off light, Tuvalu, Tuvalu's Beatrice, upcycle, upcycle books, Wisconsin farm, Wisconsin's environmentalist governor, かわいい漫画, プレイリー仲間達, 幸せな森林