In honor of Earth Day, please remember to buy a SOLAR COOKER!
Using a SOLAR COOKER saves electricity and helps people less
Please go to Solar Cookers International if you can help now:
Earth Day demands small simple steps together. Our tips my friends and I came up with are still useful today!
- Turn off the lights when exiting a room.
- Turn off the T.V. and unplug it when you are done watching it.
- Turn off the computer if you are not using it.
- Recycle plastic containers, cardboard and paper.
- Make your own compost from food waste, yard waste and paper with non-toxic inks like soy.
- Turn the heat down in your house and wear layers of clothing instead.
- Use a timer and set to five minutes when you shower.
- Turn off the water when you are brushing your teeth.
- Make old clothes new by adding pockets with a different fabric. Have your mom sew the pocket for you.
- If you like your old shoes keep them new by new different colored shoe lace like pink, or sky blue.
- Don’t buy bottled water buy a nice, cute metal thermos made in the U.S.A if possible.
- Take the bus or ride your bike to school or the library if your parents let you.
- Don’t buy a new sketchbook or notebook, upcycle old books or magazines, and paint, write or draw, over the pages instead.
Remember you are helping to keep the earth livable for all creatures big and small, animal and plant when you practice these tips above.
Give yourself a pat on the back each time you remember these small, simple steps.
I have more birds I wanted to LIST for you. This list is from the group
known as the WATERBIRDS:
1) Double-crested Cormorant
2) American White Pelican
4) Great Egret
6) Short-billed Dowitcher
8) Wilson’s Snipe
9) Upland Sandpiper
10) Great Blue Heron
If you do not live near the water you might have a hard time spotting
these beautiful birds. The beaches of Lake Superior and Lake Michigan might be good places to spot some of the WATERBIRDS. The Mississippi River is another great place to see WATERBIRDS. There is a National Wildlife Refuge located near Wisconsn’s bluffs along
the Mississippi River.
The Kickapoo Valley Library is a beautiful building. It is very old, it was designed by an architect who was a student of FRANK LLOYD WRIGHT.
Frank Lloyd Wright is a famous architect who is from Wisconsin.
His famous house and studio, Taliesin, are located in Spring Green, Wisconsin. Frank Lloyd Wright trained a lot of architects in Wisconsin. Mr. Wright’s style of architecture is called Prairie School.
There are a lot of Prairie School style buildings in Wisconsin, libraries, banks, houses, warehouses, garages, and even an airport in Madison.
Did you like my book report? I am still at the library now, and I have at least 12 books on my table related to Frank Lloyd Wright.
I like Frank Lloyd Wright’s architecture because he believed that buildings should blend into the environment.