Today I created a list of all of Wisconsin’s fish. I want to start a Great Year project for WISCONSIN FISH too. Fish are much harder to find, but I think I can see some of them this year.
Here is my LIST of WISCONSIN FISH I would like to see
1) LAKE STURGEON
2) RAINBOW TROUT
4) ORANGE SPOTTED SUNFISH
5) NINESPINE STICKLEBACK
6) RAINBOW SMELT
7) DEEPWATER SCULPIN
8) CHINOOK SALMON
9) COHO SALMON
10) GRASS PICKEREL
12) SKIPJACK HERRING
14) LONGNOSE GAR
15) BLACK CRAPPIE
16) CHANNEL CATFISH
18) STRIPED BASS
19) ROCK BASS
I also like to eat fish so I am including any Wisconsin fish I eat on my
Last night I made my family Sweet Potato Soup with Ramp and Watercress. All of the ingredients of the soup were from our farm!
Since it is Spring the watercress and ramp are plentiful in streams.
I picked a bunch of watercress and ramp yesterday, and got three
pounds of sweet potato from our storage.
My soup was very tasty and I am going to have it for breakfest
with wild rice!
Very delicious, and I am getting hungry again thinking
about my wonderful soup.
Here are five easy ideas for celebrating Earth Day every single day that my friends and I came up with.
1. Do not rake your leaves if they are under trees, and not do not look ugly. Old leaves make a great natural mulch, and trap carbon from being released into the atmosphere. Old leaves are Mother Nature’s mulch! Worms love leaves, and help make them into beautiful soil for your plants!
2. Do not use mulch for your garden or yard. Mulch requires a lot of energy to make and transport.
3. A good idea for water conservation, water your outdoor plants in the morning or evening and not in the afternoon when the sun is high in the sky. Water evaporates less from the soil when the sun is not high in the sky. The more water in the soil the more nutrients your plants get the less you need to water them.
4. Fix not throw out anything you have that is broken. If a shirt has a small rip sew the rip up or find someone who can sew. If a cup has a broken handle glue it back together if it is safe to use.
5. Use bags only if you have a lot of things to carry. If the things you buy in the grocery store can all fit in your hands then tell the store cashier you do not need a bag. I have big pockets on my clothes and always put things I buy in them.